We offer a full time, paid fellowship in melanoma and cutaneous oncology beginning July 2022.
The application cycle for the 2021-2022 academic year is now CLOSED.
The fellow will become a sub-investigator on clinical trials being conducted at the center and will help prepare manuscripts reporting the results of the trials as a first author, attend conferences, and present research.
They will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of melanoma and other skin cancers.
Candidates must have:
- completed an ACGME accredited PGY-1 residency and
- be eligible for a full New York state medical license.
Meet the Team
Darrell Rigel, MD, MS
Justin W. Marson, MD
Day to Day
The fellow's responsibilities include:
- Serve as lead author for manuscripts in the field of melanoma and cutaneous malignancy.
- Analyze data related to ongoing studies using SPSS, Stata, or other statistical software. Knowledge of evidence based medicine and research methodology is a must.
- Attend and present at major dermatology conferences.
- Manage SKIN - The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine. Requires assigning reviewers, corresponding with authors and editors, and laying out articles.
- Write educational grants to obtain funding for research, continued medical education including for conferences and virtual grand rounds
- Submit studies for IRB review as necessary.
- Maintain active NY state clinical license.